Food has a magical way of building love and connection between two people. This week's recipe is Wind's "Romantic Summer Salad for Two." This is one of the secret ingredients to hers' and Charles longtime, beautiful marriage. ;-)
This fresh, raw summer salad for two will leave you both feeling satisfied, nourished and energized!
Select 3 to 4 veggies from the list below to create your perfect summer salad.
- 1 medium zucchini
- ¼ spaghetti squash or yellow/orange squash
- 1 large beet
- 1 large carrot
- 1 daikon radish
- 1 medium jicama root
- Shredded cabbage
- Quartered cucumber pieces
- Snap peas and pea sprouts, sunflower sprouts
Garnish with: fresh chopped parsley, cilantro, chopped green onions, sliced black olives, hemp seed nut, toasted sunflower seeds and sprinkle a wee bit of Wakame dried seaweed, soaked for 10 minutes (rich in iron, calcium, iodine.)
Use a spiralizer or vegetable peeler.
Arrange your vegetable selections on a serving platter in separate little attractive piles…enough for two.
Complete your summer salad by making this Miso Avocado Sauce w/ Fresh Basil.
- 1 large avocado
- 2 tbsp light miso (Shinmeido miso) See resources.
- 2 tbsp Nama Shoyu or Bragg liquid aminos (not raw)
- 1/4 cup hemp seed oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1/4 cup seaweed soak water
Pulse blend in food processor leaving little bits of basil showing in sauce. Spoon on top of summer salad or leave on the side.
A hearty meal indeed.